CPR AED Training &
In the event of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA), the victim requires an electric shock
from a defibrillator to the heart. It is the only known
thing that will save their life. Using an AED & starting Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) within the first two minutes of cardiac arrest improves the victim’s chances of survival by 90
percent. For each minute that passes, chances of survival decrease approximately 10 percent.
The average national response time for “Emergency Rescue” is 5 to 10 minutes in an urban area. If9-1-1 rescuers
arrive at the location in 5 minutes, by the time they get their equipment, get in your building, get to the victim,
and analyze the situation it will be several more minutes before the first Life Saving Shock is delivered.
If chances of survival go down nearly 10% per minute, can you afford to wait for Emergency Rescue?
Don't wait, become a link in the "Chain of Survival."
Getting certified in our CPR AED class is fun and easy. With Pulse America’s
complete AED solution, you'll have the peace of mind of knowing you have the best technology, ease of use, as
well as Pulse America’s hands on style of training to help make your workplace safer.
Cardiac Arrest and Heart Attack
cardiac arrests are due to abnormal heart rhythms called arrhythmias. The most common arrhythmia is ventricular
fibrillation (VF), in which the heart’s electrical impulses suddenly become chaotic and ineffective. Blood flow to
the brain abruptly stops; the victim then collapses and quickly loses consciousness. Death usually follows unless a
normal heart rhythm is restored within minutes.
A heart attack is different from sudden cardiac arrest although sometimes a heart attack
can trigger SCA. A heart attack occurs when one of the heart’s major blood vessels becomes blocked, shutting off
blood flow and oxygen to the heart muscle. Without oxygen the heart muscle starts to die, producing pain and
other symptoms. A heart attack may lead to a cardiac arrest.
In simple terms, a heart attack is a “plumbing” problem
caused when a vessel becomes clogged. Sudden cardiac arrest is an electrical problem. Unlike a
sudden cardiac arrest victim, a heart attack victim is often
awake and can talk despite having chest pain or pressure. The most common symptom of a heart attack is severe
pain or pressure in the center of the chest.
Sudden cardiac arrest strikes people of all ages and fitness levels,
usually without warning. Many of these lives could be saved if:
ders act promptly to phone
911 and begin CPR, and
personnel provide defibrillation within 3 to 5 minutes.
More people survive sudden cardiac arrest
when a certain sequence of events happens as quickly as possible. This series of steps is called the Chain of
Access: Recognizing that a
cardiovascular emergency exists and immediately notifying the EMS (Emergency Medical Services) system
is a key element. In most communities, phoning 911 activating the EMS system.
CPR: Starting CPR immediately after
cardiac arrest to circulate oxygen-rich blood to vital organs buys time for the victim until
defibrillation can be given.
Defibrillation: Defibrillation of
the victim as soon as equipment arrives.
Advanced Care: Trained healthcare
providers arriving quickly to administer advanced lifesaving interventions.
Jacksonville AED Sales and CPR-AED Training & Certification, call
We service and provide CPR & AED training and provide Defibrillaotrs
in the following communities in the Jacksonville, St Johns county and North and Central Florida
area: Jacksonville, Fernandina Beach, Yulee, Palm Valley, St. Augustine, Palatka, Ormond Beach,
Daytona Beach, Port Orange, De Land, New Smyrna Beach and Titusville.